Kelview Heights is an Independent Baptist church started in June of 1961 by Dr. Frank Johnson who led the church until his retirement in December 1997.
What We Believe
1. We believe the whole Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Rev. 22:21, as the verbally inspired and infallible Word of God.
2. We believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary the Virgin, and is the Son of God, and God the Son.
3. We believe that Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures, the Just for the unjust that He might bring us to God.
4. We believe that He rose from the grave the third day according to the Scriptures.
5. We believe that He, only, is the great High Priest, and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever lives to make intercession for us.
6. We believe that Christ will come again in Person, bodily, visibly, to establish His Kingdom on the earth.
7. We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again - "Ye Must Be Born Again."
8. We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion in water) setting forth the Lord’s death, burial and resurrection.
9. We believe that the church is a body of baptized believers whose only mission is not to "Reform the world", but to preach and teach the Gospel of Salvation to the individual soul.
Style of Service
While style is very individual, every church chooses the music, vocabulary and pattern of some era, area or subgroup of society. Kelview Heights has chosen to find a balance that reflects the make-up of its present membership, but will always be sensitive to presenting the uncompromising Gospel in the language and style of those that predominantly populate the Midland area. As the community changes, so will Kelview Heights’ style of communication.
As an Independent Baptist Church, Kelview Heights has the freedom to seek the direction of its missions involvement by individually selecting and supporting those missionaries and projects that the pastor sees as the greatest investment in reaching the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Members are challenged to give by faith, above their regular giving for the purpose of supporting these various missions efforts. Regular reports are shared with Bible Classes from individual missionaries about their ministries.